- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend (Bob’s Redmill)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use almond)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees/gas mark 5
2. Grease mini muffin tin (x 24)
3. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pumpkin spice.
4. In a small bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
6. Fill muffin tin 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes
8. While muffins are baking, place melted coconut oil in 1 bowl and combine the sugar and
cinnamon in another bowl
9. Remove muffins from oven and cool for 10 minutes in tin.
10. Remove muffins from tin and place on a cooling rack.
11. While still warm, dip 1 muffin at a time into the oil first. Make sure the entire top is coated
with the oil, shake off any excess. Then dip the same muffin into the sugar/cinnamon
mixture, ensuring that the entire top is covered with the cinnamon sugar mix. Place muffin
back on cooling rack.
12. Repeat with entire batch until done.
Happy Halloween everybody – it only comes once a year so let’s enjoy it!
Don’t be scared to have some fun!!!