Sugaring is the brand new hair removal trend that is taking over the beauty industry by storm. Now that almost every type of waxing method has been created and used, sugaring is the new and exciting thing. As warmer climate is still upon us, it’s time to ditch the tweezers, razors and hair removal creams, which are often the culprits of ingrown hairs. For flawless skin that’s hairless, book in to try our amazing and sugaring treatment!
What is Sugaring?
Often compared to waxing, sugaring has been practiced since the days of Cleopatra. The concentrated combination of sugar, water and lemon effectively removes each hair from its root for quick, easy and painless hair removal. Unlike waxing, which works against the natural hair growth, sugaring works with the hair growth, resulting in less breakage, ingrown hairs and pain.
What are the Benefits of Sugaring?
There are many benefits of sugaring that have made the treatment take over the beauty industry. These include:
- Hair only needs to be 3mm long to be removed
- Gently exfoliates the skin, helping to resurface and improve the skin’s texture and appearance
- Works with the hair growth, resulting in less pain, ingrown hairs and follicle breakage
Why Sugaring at Skinfull Affairs?
We use only luxury certified organic products pre and post Sugaring, from Pinks Boutique. They are also 100% cruelty-free and environmentally friendly, so you can feel at ease knowing that this hair removal method hasn’t hurt anybody or our planet.
It’s crucial for us to use natural products as in hair epilation, as follicles are open, and the lotion you apply to the skin afterwards goes straight into the blood stream. After most epilation treatments on the market today, a petroleum-based cream is applied to the skin, which is highly toxic and usually not sustainable nor ethically sourced/produced. All of the products we use in on this treatment is natural, non-toxic, cruelty-free and eco-friendly.
We deliver a full spa experience when we do sugaring. Our salon’s beautiful environment complements the treatment to make it as relaxing as possible, and our signature touches bring another level of bliss to your sugaring experience; we carry out tiny massages to quickly relieve stress and tension, botanical foot compresses and hot stones are applied for ultimate relaxation, and you can avail of an organic lolly pop with a bikini wax!
Our therapists are extremely thorough and professional, and are particularly meticulous about hair removal- you will be amazed that absolute no hairs will remain on the skin! Our therapists also wear gloves at all times to provide you with the best hygienic sugaring experience.
What You Need to Know:
- After your sugaring treatment, please be aware that we advise for you not to use the steam room, sauna or swimming pool for the first 24 hours. The reason for this is that all of the hair follicles are still open, and your skin is extra-prone to irritation and you would be more likely to have reactions like irritation, redness and breakouts of hives. The last thing you want is for any chemicals to come into contact with the skin.
- Do not book a tanning appointment within the first 24-48 hours after your sugaring treatment. Not only might your skin react to the tan, but you must keep your skin chemical-free. A tan within the first 24-48 hours of your sugaring treatment will not result in a smooth, healthy-looking finish and the hair follicles on your body will be open and irritable.
How Long Does Sugaring Results Last?
For the most effective hair removal treatment, we recommend booking in with us for a full body scrub first to scrub away dead skin cells, which allows more thorough hair removal. The results of sugaring can last up to six weeks, and if performed regularly, the results can lead to permanency.